For peace of mind that your artwork is printed accurately, please ensure that you follow the requirements below.
All artwork must be supplied:
- With 5mm bleed (when scaled to full-size) (10mm for double-sided graphics)
- With crop marks
- With each artwork/design as a separate file or page
- With each file name including the finished dimensions and a description (eg. “3m x 1m Description.pdf”) At the correct width-to-height ratio
- In CMYK colour mode
- With all images embedded
- With all fonts converted to outlines/curves/shapes
- With all visible in-canvas template elements removed
Accepted file formats:
- PDF (Highly recommended)
- EPS (Encapsulated PostScript, CS6 and below)
- AI (Adobe Illustrator, CS6 and below)
- PSD (Adobe Photoshop, recommended flattened)
- TIFF (recommended flattened)
- JPG/JPEG (recommended high-resolution)
Once your artwork is setup correctly and ready to upload, please upload it via our Upload Service. However, if you are experiencing any problems whilst using our Upload Service, please try uploading your files to, WeTransfer.com, Hightail or MailBigFile.
Monkey can’t accept…
- Without 5mm bleed
- Without crop marks
- With multiple artworks/designs on one page
- At an incorrect width-to-height ratio
- In RGB colour mode
- With missing links or images which are not embedded
- Without fonts converted to outlines/curves/shapes
- Protected by a password
These unaccepted file formats:
- AI (Adobe CC Illustrator versions)
- INDD (Adobe InDesign)
- QXP (Quark Xpress)
- CDR (Corel Draw)
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- DOC/DOCX (Microsoft Word)
- XLS/XLSX (Microsoft Excel)
- PPT/PPTX (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- PUB (Microsoft Publisher)
Please make sure your artwork(s) fully adhere to our requirements before uploading them. This will ensure they can be processed and produced quickly and accurately.
For customers not familiar with creating artwork for large-format print, we have created this guide to make sure your designs can be processed and printed as quickly and accurately as possible.
New to large-format print, to help you quickly and easily create your design, we’ve prepared templates for each of our products, available in a variety of common formats.
That we cannot be held responsible for issues contained in the supplied artwork itself such as spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, RGB colour mode, overprint, resolution, missing fonts and missing images. To avoid these issues, please ensure your artwork adheres to our requirements.
Artwork not supplied to our requirements will likely render an unsatisfactory result or delay your order. If you are unsure about the artwork you have, please check with us beforehand to ensure there are no complications with your order. If artwork cannot be used to produce what has been ordered, we will advise you of this and request how you would like to proceed. If an artwork size is different to the ordered size, the ordered size always takes precedence. This is due to the fact that artworks from our customers are supplied in a variety of scales.
With subjective issues of quality such as image resolution, we will sometimes advise you if the quality is extremely low, though again, we cannot be held responsible if the artwork is supplied in such a manner and isn’t suitable for your needs. Artwork created in non-Adobe applications (such as CorelDRAW, SignLab and AutoCAD) can cause output issues. If you are using a non-Adobe application, please ensure to follow all of our artwork requirements and use a modern PDF generator.